Phone Counselling / Therapy
Donít let your work schedule, location or transportation stand in your way.
Connect by phone. We know how!
- Convenience: You don't have to leave the comfort of your home or office. You can arrange a telephone appointment at your convenience - during the day or evening.
- Accessibility: Your counsellor/therapist is available to help if you live in an area without any mental health practitioners available to you.
- Anonymity: Some people find that they can trust much more quickly using phone counselling/coaching. It makes them feel comfortable. This means, in the right situation it is possible to accomplish more in a shorter time period with phone counselling/coaching than in a traditional face to face approach.
Phone counselling/therapy can provide the opportunity for reflection, self-exploration and insight.
People from other communities are now able to enjoy the full benefit and experience of our team through phone access.
Many people have trouble accessing in-office counselling/therapy due to restraints of time, geography or transportation issues.
Phone counselling/therapy might be the ideal solution for you, if you are unable to come into an office due to issues of mobility, illness or anxiety.
For some people, phone counselling/therapy provides professional support with a higher sense of anonymity. It allows one to experience higher levels of comfort and safety much sooner than face to face counselling/therapy.
Phone counselling/therapy allows help to come to YOU!!
Phone counselling/therapy has limitations that face to face counselling/therapy has readily available throughout the process. Facial expression and body language are important components of communication. A client may say they are fine when in actual fact they are anxious or sad. Facial expression and body language would traditionally fill in the blanks for the counsellor/therapist.
With phone counselling/therapy, it is important for the client to disclose as much as possible about their thoughts and their feelings.
There are situations where phone counselling/coaching is simply NOT appropriate:
Bayridge Family Center counselling / coaching is not an emergency or crisis line service.
- If you are feeling suicidal or having suicidal thoughts, you need immediate help that Bayridge counsellors cannot provide. If this is the case, please stop reading this NOW and call 911 or go immediately to your emergency ward.
- If you are currently having serious, intense or complex emotional problems where you feel like hurting yourself or someone else, please contact your medical doctor or a licensed mental health professional in your local area.
- If you are suffering from a severe mental or emotional disorder please contact your medical doctor or a licensed mental health professional in your local area.
- Counselling/therapy is not appropriate if you do not believe you are able to communicate your feelings and thoughts accurately.
- Counselling/therapy is not appropriate if you are under 18 years of age. You must be at least 18 to legally consent to use Bayridge services.
Sign up for Our
Refer a Friend
We are delighted you have visited our website. If it has been informative or helpful, why not tell a friend about us? You could be helping them find their way to a healthier, happier life. It is your
chance to make a difference.
Click here to refer a friend
To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.